1. Click the Add New Announcement button (or select
Add New Announcement from the Module Actions Menu).
On the Edit Announcements page you'll see that there are
several fields you can fill out plus the same WYSIWYG editor
used for the Text/HTML (and other) modules.
2. Place your cursor in the Title field and enter a
short statement that summarizes your Announcement. Optionally,
mark the Add Date checkbox to append the current date to your
3. Place your cursor in the description field and use the
features of your WYSIWYG editor to create the body of your
4. (Optional Step) Select a Link Type for your
Announcement and fill in the appropriate information. You
can specify a link to a website, a page on your own website or to a
file on your website (such as an image or a PDF document).
5. (Optional Step) Select from a number of
available options for the link.
If you select Tracking, you'll be able to check how many
times the link has been clicked. If you select Logging,
you'll be able to tell who clicked the link (if the website visitor
was logged in). And if you select New Window, your link
will cause a new browser window to be opened for the link.
6. (Optional Step) Specify a date for the
Announcement to automatically STOP displaying. You
can click the Calendar link to get a popup calendar where you
can simply select the date.
7. (Optional Step) Include a View Order
for sorting your Announcements. By default, they will
be sorted in the same order that you create them.
8. When you have finished, be sure to click
Update at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
This is how your updated module would look to a website visitor.